Stress is an everyday word in our vocabulary – we all know what it feels like to be stressed and for the most part we accept it as a part of our lives and just carry on…..
Main causes of Stress
• Fears, phobias, annoying habits, cravings and addictions
• Painful memories, limiting beliefs, low self esteem
• Anger, jealousy, envy, resentment, guilt, grief, sense of failure
• Panic, anxiety, pain, tension and worry
• Presentations, procrastination, pressure, personality clashes
• Workload, fear of redundancy, time management, bullying
• Lack of support, high expectations, unrealistic targets, exams
• Money, relationships and health
• Moving house, changing job/school, family events
Can you tell the difference between PRESSURE and STRESS?
Pressure goes away when you reach your destination or deadline but stress builds up and we absorb it like a sponge until our bodies react! What the mind suppresses, the body expresses and any weak spot that you have will worsen with stress.
Stress contributes to 80% of illnesses so if you want to stay healthy and have peace of mind then it is essential that you conquer your stressors and learn how to stay in control – You may not be able to change what is happening around you but you can change the way you feel about it.